This was a memorable year for us! It was the year when shocked our families and friends with the decision to quit our jobs and leave all our business behind, to embark on the adventure of our lifetime. Looking back at 2018, I feel like the year started just in June, when we left home.
The first 5 months of 2018 were just the same classic routine. Joggling between job and family, the first months of the year just flew by. We just took with a few long skiing weekends in Ukraine and spent Eric’s second birthday in a Carpathian winter wonderland. Then the whole spring was dedicated to prepare for the big adventure. At that point, we were not fully realising how awesome it will be! We left our home on the 11th of June, spend the summer in a Caribbean paradise and the autumn in South and Central America. As we approached winter, we moved east to explore Asia, which we will continue to do in the first part of 2019.
To sum up, here’s few highlights of what we accomplished, in travel, in 2018:
- visited 13 countries on 4 continents
- spent 85 days in sunny Bonaire
- slept 2 nights on the boat in Curacao
- spent 116 nights in 35 hotels, guesthouses or apartment rentals
- flew on 24 flights with 14 airlines
- traveled around by private car, bus, metro, train, tuk-tuk and boat
- we took thousands photos and collected unbelievable memories.
- last, but not least, we started this blog 😀
From all our 2018 destinations, we were mostly impressed by:
- Guatape Rock near Medellin
- Machu Picchu, but also the inca sites on the Sacred Valley
- El Tatio Geysers in the Atacama desert, visited early morning
- The days we spent at Grand Manzana Kempinski in Havana
- Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- Pollonaruwa Ancient City in Sri Lanka
- The temple of Emerald Buddha in Bangkok
We just couldn’t pick just one favourite. They are all so different and just a tiny piece of all we’ve experienced!
Hope to continue this memorable journey in 2019. Stay close, we have big plans for it!
[…] with a young kid. But, for our latest trip to Dubai this April, we needed some pampering after backpacking South-East Asia for 4 months. So we chose to spend a few nights at Amwaj Rotana, which perfectly fits all our […]